Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Hero

It's nice to feel loved. And it's nice to feel like part of a 'traditional' marriage.
This morning, as I got dressed for my Chanukah presentations at the elementary schools, my husband rolled out of bed and checked to make sure that the cars and driveway were all "Munchie-ready" for me. He heard that we were getting more snow overnight and wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any problems getting one of our cars out. What a nice guy!

Then, at 6:40am, well before he had to actually get out of bed to begin his daily duties (he's working from home this morning to care for Mia while I do my presentations), he threw on some clothes and ran outside to shovel the driveway because the snow plows had created a small mountain of snow at the end of it.

It's so nice that I get to sit here and blog while my husband weathers the storm outside. I just need to remember this feeling next time he's on the couch watching Star Trek and I'm tending to a sink full of dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment